Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Lot's of things going on...





This past weekend Hailey had her first dance competition of the year. It was exhausting!!!! We went up on Friday night and didn't get home until Sunday night!!! And my cell phone died on the way with no phone charger...ahhhh! Anyways, it was her first time competing her solo...Yeah, that means on stage by herself with no one else to help her if she messes up! I was a wreck (that's an understatement) but she was good to go! She did her solo to Tina Turner's Proud Mary...it's hilarious! She is so full of energy out there shaking her little self it makes me tired just watching her! I was so proud of her, she did amazing for her first time on stage. We were on a make-shift stage that was about 24feet by 24 feet and she's used to a much bigger stage. So, for her to be able to change things in her mind and dance on a smaller stage was a huge step! She got a silver, which wasn't the best and they were pretty harsh on the judging... it kinda made me a little mad as she got the biggest applause out of anyone dancing that night and to me she did wonderful! Oh well, I'm mom and a little bias...:) But, it was good all in all, she has some things to work on and she has so many things to be proud of! It was good to get the jitters out this early in the competition season, her next comp. is in Feb. So, there will be a good amount of time to practice for the next one!

We also are having some issues with Jayvier's soccer club and have been contemplating moving him along to another club here in the Springs. It's been a long drawn out issue...it's so hard when to know you need to move you kid on and not hurt their feelings, their friends, coaches, parents, and family. How do you move to another club and not mess up what friends he has as well as the friendships we've made with the parents? It's so hard to know what to do...I don't want him to lose his friends and for us not to lose our friends. But, I honestly think that it is in his best interest to move on... he needs a change and he needs to get away from the drama and some of his "friends." How do you make a clean break??? Any suggestions would be GREAT!!! Pleas pray we make the right decision for our boy. He's such an amazing kid and he deserves the best and to learn from the best to make him the best soccer player that he wants to be so badly!

Jaemen is doing wonderful...his speech amazes me everyday! Today he said BIKE, PLEASE, EXCUSE ME, DOGGIE, CANDY, DOOR, DOWN, UP, JAAAMEN(JAEMEN), LAYNIE, KATHY, CADE(his BFF who was Tae Tae until today), JENNY(which was neeeeeee), TIMES...all as clear as a bell!!! I had his IEP meeting last week and they are going to up his speech and give him OT as I have requested! I'm so happy!!! His teacher is totally thrilled with him, he knows 4 colors(sign and say) and knows 8 letters and when he is doing his alphabet he always jumps ahead to the next letter...like if your on m, he says n, then I'll say o and he says p and so on...it's hilarious! Smart boy!!! Now let's learn to eat and we'll be set!!!

Also, one of my bestfriends from my online Down Syndrome message board( that I've seen in person so I know she exists) is adopting a little girl from Russia this week!!! Her name is Addison Veronika Balsis...I'm getting tears just typing her name! She's absolutely beautiful and couldn't be coming to a better family! I'm so proud of them and I can't wait to meet her in a few weeks!!! Here's a link to her blog: http://dreamingonanangel.blogspot.com/ so send a prayer their way!

Well that's about all this week!

2 comments:

Shell said...

Thanks for the update on the fam. It's been too long since you've posted an entry... Keep it up!

Bethany said...

Aww, thanks for the mention! LOL Come visit me ... I need a daquari! LOL How in the hell do you spell that?!

Man, Hailey is such a little diva! Look at her shaking her booty! I'm so happy that Jaemen's speech is taking off too ... I'm waiting for that to happen with Payton ... soon, I hope!