Monday, September 8, 2008

What a Monday

Monday's usually are pretty busy for me and today was no different. I went to Jaemen's therapy appointment and got the results of his last assessment. He seems to be doing good in most areas. They put him at 33 months for receptive speech and 24 months for expressive. I was totally shocked that they put him so far in advance for his receptive. I mean it seems like he's "getting it" more lately. He follows 2 step commands, knows about 4 letters, 2 colors and is responding to questions with yes or NOOOOO answers. :) But that really only puts him behind like 6 months on receptive...so, YEAH JAEMEN!!! As far as expressive....(sigh) he sure does express himself it's just usually with a scream or jaemen jargon...lol He is mimicking so much more which is so cool to hear. I just love hearing his little voice. Today his word was house...and he just kept saying it over and over....houuuuse, it was so adorable! We have some flash cards that he loves, so he's been having a good time with those. As far as potty training, well, that's another story. He understands it, but has NO interest anymore! I'm kinda bummed I didn't push it a little more when he was interested. I figure I'll give him a few weeks off then try it again! Wish me luck!

As far as Hailey, she got her cute little glasses this weekend! OMG she is so freakin adorable I can hardly keep from kissing her sweet little face! She looks just like my sister-in-law Apelles! She had solo practice with Jennifer this weekend and it's getting cleaner and cleaner. I know she will rock it for her competition in Nov!

We had Jay's soccer quarter-finals this weekend! Boy was that stressful! 3-2 us in overtime!!!!! We had some issues with a few things but now, hopefully everything is worked out and Jay can feel like he's adequate enough to play with these boys. He's an amazing defense man but, since they moved him up a year ago, his confidence has been shattered by some of the boys. This team is extremely competitive and sometimes Jay has a hard time understanding that. He's ready to work his hardest this weekend to win and move on to the finals! That would mean that Jay's team is ranked in the top 4 teams in the state! And if he wins Sunday he will be ranked either 1 or 2...hopefully 1!!!! This is the first time that a team has EVER made it this far from his club, so if you remember pray for safety, confidence and a win if that's God's will for Jay's team on Sunday!

We went over to our friends Shellie and Brad's house this weekend to watch a UFC fight, but unfortunately for Shellie, Mr. Chuck Leddell lost which was very sad! :)

I'll try to get pics up of Hailey in her new glasses..

Until next time!

WEll, that was my crazy life this weekend!!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Nooooo...that sounds familiar! So how did Hailey's eye test go? Was that the result of her headaches? Man, fill me in woman! LOL

Tarah said...

Oh my goodness...I can't wait to see pics of Hailey in her new glasses! I'm sure she does look so much like Apelles!