Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Jaemen's eye appointment...

So, today we took Jaemen into the dr. for an eye appointment. As my child somehow lost a pair of glasses and the other pair are currently getting smashed on Powers Blvd. from him throwing them out the window...ahhhhhhh Anyways, we got in there and much to our surprise Jaemen was behaving himself, for about the first 1/2 hour...YEAH!! Well, then the eye exam started...and they asked me does he know his letters? Does he know his colors? Does he know his shapes? HUMPH...NO, NO he doesn't---HELLO! It was completely obvious that these people have never worked with a child with DS...So, I look at the girl and say "nope sorry!" she says Oh Oh that's ok we'll figure something else out! Then the Dr. starts the process of looking in his eyes, and asks Jaemen to look at the letters on the board...ahhhh HELLO?!?!?!?! He can't even talk how do you think he will tell you what letters are on the board!!!!!????? Sometimes these things just hit you...WOW, he's so behind...I mean I know he's behind and all but some days I see it and some days I don't. Today, I saw it and it hit me like right hook to the jaw! I guess it was just one of those surreal moments for me...it's ok though, I gotta say he's going to look like a stud in his new specs!!!

We did get his lab work back and his thyroid is acting normal, he's a little low on his TSH but not low enough to up his meds! And he starts on Prevacid tomorrow for a heital hernia! Hopefully soon he'll start eating and drinking! Man would that make my life easier!

As far as the other kids, Hailey has dance this week and is working really hard on her solo! And Jay got to try out a friends half-pipe thingy in his backyard, so he was stoked! Also, Jay's soccer team also made it to the quarter-finals for State Cup. Which apparently is a big deal, so good job son! We're off to Denver this weekend for another soccer game! GO NIKE!!!!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Seriously, people are so crazy! I think we must have been having one of those days together. LOL