Monday, October 6, 2008

Relaxing weekend...well kinda

This weekend was pretty much just a chill and watch TV kind of weekend. It was so nice when Judah came home on Friday. He had been in DC all week so, it was nice to have him home and the kids were sooooo happy! We watched a movie and were in bed by 10...well then I woke up at 4am and couldn't go back to sleep! I hate this, i know I have a sleeping problem, but I really don't want to admit it! I just want to blame it on Judah...haha Sat. morning Hailey had a dance performance at the zoo. They did a great job, and we were done by 10. Jaemen went to soccer buddies with Judah and he said he did good, a little crazy but good. That doesn't surprise me, that kid is obsessed with balls and loves to run. So, hopefully we've found something he likes. Jay had the week off due to him having Severs disease(inflamation of the growth plate.) They had a bye week, which was nice for us as the dr. said to keep off of it for a week to 10 days. That's actually hard for Jay to do being that he's a 12 year old boy who hates to sit still! On Sunday we went to a new church which was actually a break off church of our old church about 8 years ago. We ended up there by mistake...We left our church of 15 years about a year ago and haven't really found a church that has met our needs or that we all can agree on. I really wanted to go to church on Sunday and told Judah we should try a new one. So, we decide we're going to the one behind my house at Hailey's school. Well, we get to the parking lot and there are about 6 cars there. ...WAY to small for us! So, we decided we were going to try a church further down the street and when we got there it was LDS and the next one was Catholic. Being that we're niether of those religions we hopped back in the car to look for another church. So, we're headed towards this Mega church here in my town and see a sign for another church...when we pull in we find out it's Assemblies of God(which is what we've been going to at our other church.) We walk in the front door and all of the sudden it looks so familiar to me and I can't figure out why! So, we go to drop Jaemen off at the nursery and the workers there are a family that I knew from my old MOPS group. YEAH!!! I was so happy, I couldn't believe that we were at the new plant church from our other church! God definately knew we needed to be there and that's just where he took us. Praise God!!! On sunday afternoon Hailey had her solo practice that went good, She competes her solo on Nov. 8th....ahhhh I think I'm more nervous than she is!!! She's doing a dance to Tina Turner's Proud Mary, I have to say that it is the perfect song for her! So much attitude, I love it! Anyways, that's our little weekend journey...kinda relaxing, kinda!

No comments: