Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Pray for patience

Well, it's been a long few weeks with Hailey...something is going on, I don't know what it is but it's something! She's been struggling with her reading and school for months now and I think I've finally gotten through to her teachers that she needs more intervention than what is going on! Last week I gave them until Friday to start to have her tested for some type of learning disability. Imagine how fast they moved on that when I told them that I would be going to the District if they didn't get on this ASAP! So, since we've waited for 9 months to have some intervention she's now behind in all subjects a full year! SIGH... I honestly don't know what else to do for her! She's going to be tested and then I guess we'll start from there? I think she's dyslexic. Her teacher thinks she is too...so why has it taken this stupid SPED team 9 months to test her???? I'm so freaking mad right now I can't see straight! I pay a lot of property taxes in this neighborhood so my kids would be able to go to a good school and that Jaemen would have a good SPED program not knowing that my daughter would or might need it as well... and now it's easier for Jaemen to get services than my other kid!!!! AHHHHHH

Please pray for patience, understanding and my relationship with my daughter! She's amazing and so smart, pray that we can just get it out of her and that her confidence won't suffer as a result of all of this! :)

4 comments:

datri said...

I know this is sort of after the fact, but I'm pretty sure by law the school district has something like 60 days to do the testing once it is requested. I think it's part of IDEA.

Although I also think they have a limited amount of time to act on that testing. Might want to check wrightslaw.com on that. I'd hate for any more time to pass before Hailey gets the help she is entitled to.

Bethany said...

Aww. :( This seems to be dragging on forever. Seriously. I hope you get the answers and the services she needs. Maybe start some of the programs we would normally use for J and P, but start with with H?

Carmen said...

Yeah, I just requested it last week, but I did tell them that if it wasn't done by friday or started for that matter that I would go to the district and super...I'm just so mad that it's taken this freaking long! Not fair!!!!!!


Bethany, what services would I start? I really don't know on this one...lol I've never had a kid that was really smart but didn't "get it" kwim? I don't even know where to go, she doesn't need ST, trust me she talks great...lol I just want someone to tell me what to do so I can get her what she needs! And get her fixed, or better! :)

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

I will be praying Carmen! That's so frustrating!!! I hope they will get on the ball and get her the help she needs! Keep on keeping on!