Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Birthday Parties


Hayden and Jaemen



Jaemen and Emily


Jaemen a little scared of Chuckie Cheese...

Last night Jaemen went to his friend Hayden's 4th birthday. Jaemen has known Hayden since they were about 3 months old, they are great friends! Jaemen had so much fun, and cried when we left, it's so nice that I can finally let him just stroll around and not feel like I have to watch every move he makes. Sometimes these feelings, of never getting out of a "certain" stage with him really get to me. But, last night I felt like we've crossed a bridge. Not that I can just leave him to run and play, but at least I don't have to be all over him all the time when he's playing. He took turns with random kids, gave high fives to some boys and played air hockey with two typical boys. It was so precious! Now, if he could just talk...lol

And, about talking...sigh...I think Jaemen might have something called Apraxia, I'm not quite sure how to explain it but it impares his quality of talking. Like he can say the word "eat" but when he says it, it sounds more like "t." And with Apraxia you sometimes miss the beginnings or ends of words...here's a video of him talking..(excuse the messy basement, the kids have taken it over...)

VIDEO


I think that's about all for now, I'm off to take the boy to the park and take some more pictures to try out some new things I've learned....

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh, now I found the link! LOL. I was looking for it embedded. *smacks forehead*

Anonymous said...

They are so adorable. Birthday parties are really fun. Kids really love having a birthday party. Especially if they have their favorite movie as their birthday theme.

Anonymous said...

Hi Carmen, Alahna would leave sounds off words sometimes and speech really helped with that. I know that it may be different with Down's but D-20 has an awesome speech program over at the District office. Kathy Villare (sp?) is the speech therapist and she is great.

alicia said...

i know what you mean! Elias love parties too, running and playing on his own without momma's help is so relaxig =)